Welcome to Knox Church online worship for Sunday, May 17, 2020!
Scroll down to view each worship element separately.
Use the comments section at the bottom of this page to tell us what you think about today's worship service, ask questions, or give us ideas!
Prelude - Prepare Ye, from Godspell
Knox Youth Group - Nick Deck and Amanda Korn, Soloists
Welcome and Opening Reflection
Music - Save the People from Godspell
Knox Youth Group - Jack Knellinger, Soloist
Renewing the Covenant and Assurance of Pardon
Time with Children
Tina Hubert and friends talk about geting by "day by day"
Music - Beautiful City from Godspell
Knox Youth Group - Gabrielle Phillips, Soloist
Parable of the prodigal from Godspell Recorded February 16, 2020
Knox Youth Group - Nick Deck and Anna Carli, Narrators
Scripture - Acts 2:42-47
Sebastian Roberts, Reader
Rev. David Annett
Music - Day by Day from Godspell
Knox Youth Group - Libby DeFoor, Soloist - Amanda Korn and Ella Knellinger, Signers
Prayers of the People
Postlude - All for the Best from Godspell
Knox Youth Group - Jack and Ella Knellinger, Soloists
Announcements & Notes
- Coffee & Conversation is online at 10:00am. Instead of meeting in the Social Hall, we’re gathering via Zoom at 10:00am this morning for a time of fellowship. Please join us! Just click this link shortly before 10:00am: https://zoom.us/j/714895836.
- Worship resource: Beth Merrill Neel, Hold Fast to What Is Good
- Let's pack some more sandwiches...and snacks...and fruit! The need for food at Our Daily Bread (the soup kitchen in Over the Rhine) continues, so Knox has stepped up and committed to help! In addition to making sandwiches like we did last week, we've also been asked to help with snacks and fresh fruit. Items can be dropped off at Knox on Monday, May 25 (Memorial Day) in the Michigan Avenue parking lot from 8:30am to 10:30am. Get all the details and sign up here.
- IHN needs our help! Drop off donations at Knox on May 28. The Interfaith Homeless Network, a Knox mission partner, continues to face many needs as they house families in hotels during the coronavirus outbreak, instead of at churches like Knox as they usually do. We're collecting food and common household supplies to deliver to the homeless families IHN shelters. Get the information and sign up here.
- Prayer requests: the most recent Knox prayer request list can be found here. If you or someone you know should be added to the list, please contact Jana Reister at .
- Get the latest news about Knox on social media. You can find Knox on Instagram at KnoxPresChurch, and on Twitter @KnoxHydePark. You also can find Knox on Facebook and on a Facebook group page that's just for Knox members and friends!
- Thank you for your continued financial support of Knox. Your generosity is helping us to serve our mission partners and to enable staff to continue to serve you each week, in addition to paying utility bills, insurance and other ongoing expenses even though the Knox building is closed.
- How to reach Knox during the office closure. Even though our offices are closed, Knox staff members are still working from remote locations and are ready to serve you. We are monitoring the Knox telephone voice mail (513-321-2573) throughout normal business hours and will respond to you quickly. A full list of staff emails can be found here.