Keeping You Safe
During this pandemic, we as a faith community are committed to keeping our gatherings as safe as possible for the common good, guided by the recommendations of the CDC and Knox’s medical team.
Our medical team has updated Knox’s COVID protocols, thank you for your attention to these. May we continue in prayer for all who are adversely affected by COVID and in hope for the day our world will no longer suffer its effects.
Update from Pastor Adam
March 2, 2022
With thanksgiving that the pandemic has become much less severe in recent weeks, Knox Presbyterian Church will be lifting our mask mandate for public worship and most other events. This change will take effect beginning Sunday, March 13.
According to CDC guidelines, Hamilton County is still at a “medium” risk level for COVID-19 transmission, and individuals at higher risk should continue to wear masks indoors. We wish to support this guidance and help all members of our community to feel comfortable as we move away from our previous mandate. We expect that many of you will continue to wear masks. High-quality masks are significantly protective, even when they are not worn by all persons in a room. We intend to continue providing free masks at entry points, and will support small groups who mutually agree to continue requiring masks for the safety of vulnerable participants. In the short term, most of our singers will continue to wear masks.
Knox Church will continue taking other measures to keep us all safe. In addition to COVID-19, influenza and other viruses continue to circulate, and we all want to stay well as we start to re-engage in treasured activities.
- We will continue to encourage hand-washing and make hand sanitizer widely available.
- We will continue to encourage safe ways of Passing the Peace in worship.
- While returning to a more familiar way of celebrating The Lord’s Supper (beginning Sunday, March 6), we will have new protocols in place to make the practice much safer than before.
- Please stay home from worship whenever you are unwell. Virtual worship continues.
- Test for COVID-19 if you have any reason to believe infection is likely. Knox Presbyterian Church will continue to offer free testing kits.
We are grateful to be able to take this important step. The safety of our community is our top priority, and we will continue to revise our guidelines, including a return to mask mandates, if conditions warrant it.
Please feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns.
Peace to you,
Pastor and Head of Staff