The Inquirers Series for Membership
Whether you are ready to join Knox or still considering, the Inquirers Series is for you! The five-part series explores the foundations of the Presbyterian Church and Christian discipleship with the help of an engaging video series (www.theocademy.com, New Members) and discussions. Knox members and staff also will be present at each event to share about opportunities at Knox to help you grow in faith and to get involved in the life of the church and to address any questions you have along the way.
Contact Jana Reister at 513-321-2573 x106 or gro.x1505951393onk@r1505951393etsie1505951393rj1505951393, or Alan Whisman at 812-569-0127 or moc.l1505951393iamg@15059513932nams1505951393ihwa1505951393 for more information or to reserve your spot in the next class.
Fall 2017 Inquirers Series Schedule
- Part I: Wednesday, September 27, 7:00pm- 8:15pm. Hosted by a Knox member (snacks and refreshments provided). Focus: Introductions and considering “Why church membership?” Before this gathering, please view the video “A People of Grace” at theocademy.com, New Members series.
- Part II: Sunday, October 1, 12:15pm - 1:45pm. Brunch in the Knox Room with a Knox pastor and members, followed by an optional tour of the church. Before this gathering, please view the videos “Wicked Bad” and “Who Do They Say That I Am” at theocademy.com, New Members.
- Part III: Sunday, October 8, 12:15pm - 1:45pm. Lunch in the Knox Room with a pastor and members. Before this gathering, view the videos “Update Your Faith System” and “Blessed to Be a Blessing” at theocademy.com, New Members.
- Part IV: Monday, October 16, 5:45pm - 7:15pm. Dinner with Session (Board of Elders). Inquirers and Session members (Ruling Elders - elected and ordained leaders of the church) enjoy dinner, followed by a discussion of the Profession of Faith questions asked of those joining the church. The evening concludes by receiving Inquirers into membership.
- Part V—WELCOME --NEW DATE: Sunday, October 29. We welcome new members during both worship services.
Contact Jana Reister at 513-321-2573 x106, gro.x1505951393onk@r1505951393etsie1505951393rj1505951393 or Alan Whisman at 812-569-0127, moc.l1505951393iamg@15059513932nams1505951393ihwa1505951393 to RSVP.
Childcare is available upon request for all events.
We look forward to gathering with you!