Many waters cannot quench love, neither can floods drown it.
– Song of Solomon 8:7
Hurricane Harvey struck the Texas coast late Friday, bringing lashing rain and sustained winds of 130 miles per hour, and is now making landfall in Louisiana. Harvey has brought historic flooding, forcing rivers and streams from their banks, submerging homes, churches, businesses and roads, stranding thousands of people. Your gifts are urgently needed now to support the communities devastated by this historic storm and those throughout the Gulf region who are still in Harvey’s path.
- Support Presbyterian Disaster Assistance’s (PDA) emergency response and long-term recovery work in the areas affected by Hurricane Harvey with a check. Designate gifts to DR000169-Harvey.
- You can make a donation to PDA by credit card by phone at 800-872-3283.
- You can send $10 to Presbyterian Disaster Assistance by sending a text to PDA at the number 20222 and get a response to verify.
- Put together Gift of the Heart kits for survivors in the affected areas – hygiene kits and cleanup buckets are especially needed. For more information, go to pda.pcusa.org/page/kits/.
- Contact the PDA Call Center to be notified of volunteer opportunities. Call 866-732-6121 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
God, our Shelter,
Be a strong presence in the lives of neighbors who, having survived the winds and rains of Harvey, now face grief, uncertainty and weary days. May our generosity in prayer and in tangible signs of support overflow more than floodwaters, to sustain your work of healing and rebuilding and to bring comfort and strength to those who suffer. Amen.