A new season of worship, faith formation, and fellowship
As we turn the calendar from August to September, we also start a new season of worship, faith formation and fellowship at Knox. There are opportunities for persons of every age to learn and grow in their relationship with God—and even have some fun along the way!
September 9: Knox Rocks. Gather up the kids and the lawn chairs and head to the Knox lawn on Saturday, September 9 for the second annual "Knox Rocks" children's concert from 4-6pm. We'll again have Grammy-nominated children's singer Zak Morgan as our special guest, along with plenty of food, games and other family-friendly fun. It's all free!
September 10: Fall worship hours begin. Knox's fall worship hours begin September 10. Note that Fresh Spirit will start at 9:00am, 15 minutes earlier than last year, while Traditional Worship will remain at 11:00am. This earlier start time for Fresh Spirit is to help build an even stronger Knox community by allowing more opportunities for fellowship and faith formation between services.
- Sunday School teachers and assistants needed. As our Children's Ministry gears up for fall Sunday School, we have a few spots open for teachers and assistants. If you would like to consider serving with Children's Ministry, contact Tina Hubert, Director of Christian Education, at 513-321-2573 or gro.x1537573823onk@t1537573823rebuh1537573823t1537573823.
- Coffee & Conversation needs hosts. Coffee & Conversation resumes September 10 between services at approximately 10:15am. But to make this happen, we need volunteers to host. Hosts are responsible for providing a variety of finger foods (cookies, fruit, cheese and crackers, etc.) as well as taking care of set-up and clean-up. It is super-easy and a lot of fun if you do it with friends! Contact Larry Annett at moc.l1537573823iamg@153757382352tte1537573823nnal1537573823.
- The Christian Education Committee and Tina Hubert, Knox's new Director of Christian Education, have put together a full slate of opportunities to help you learn and grow in your Christian faith, no matter what your age. Download a pdf with all the details here.
September 10: Children's Choir begins rehearsals. The Knox Children's choir will start its 2017-18 season with its first rehearsal on Sunday, September 10, from 10:00am to 10:55am (between services). We're always looking for new members, and all Knox children from Grade 1 through Grade 6 are welcome! This year, the choir will provide music at worship eight times:
- October 22, Family Worship - 11:00am
- December 3, Family Worship - 9:00am
- December 24, Family Christmas Eve - 5:00pm
- February 25, Youth Sunday - 9:00am and 11:00am
- March 25, Palm Sunday - 9:00am and 11:00am
- April/May, date TBD - Spring Musical with Knox Youth
The choir meets in Room 211, across from the Chapel. Tara Drummond is the director (moc.l1537573823oa@ar1537573823atoke1537573823et1537573823 ).
September 13: Adam Fronczek speaks at Women's Fellowship. Adam Fronczek will be the speaker at the first autumn meeting of the Knox Women's Fellowship on Wednesday, September 13, in the Commons. Adam's topic will be NEXT Church, the relational community of Presbyterian leaders from across the nation in which he plays a large role. The meeting begins at 10:30am with a business session, followed by Adam’s presentation, and then lunch at noon at a cost of just $10. Please RSVP by emailing Phyllis Wahl at ten.e1537573823suf@l1537573823hawly1537573823hp1537573823.
September 17: Knox Picnic. Register now for the annual Knox Picnic, which this year will be held on September 17--a bit later than usual so we can take advantage of some cooler weather. Yes, the Knox Picnic is cool! Join us for fun, food (Israel Bonnell's famous BBQ) and games, including the annual, no-holds-barred corn hole tournament. Click here for all the details and to register. Questions or more information? Contact Cheri Rulli at .moc.1537573823oohay1537573823@hcll1537573823it1537573823
October 8: Flu shot clinic. With the start of cooler weather comes the beginning of the flu season. Knox Church will again offer flu shots to all persons 18 years and older. Details coming soon.
October 14: Tom York Lecture Series. This year’s Tom York Lecture Series features popular blogger Rachel Macy Stafford, author of the New York Times best-seller “Hands Free Mama.” This is sure to be one of the best-attended York lectures ever, so register early! Details coming next week.
Every-other Wednesday: Knox Mom’s Group. If you’re a mom and you’re not in the new Knox Mom’s Group, you’re missing a great time of fellowship, conversation and munchies. The group meets every-other Wednesday at 7:30pm. Want to learn more? Contact Tina Hubert (moc.l1537573823iamg@1537573823trebu1537573823heela1537573823nit1537573823) or Becky Gash (moc.l1537573823iamg@1537573823hsagy1537573823kceb 1537573823dnadi1537573823vad1537573823).
Monthly: Knox Men host monthly breakfasts at Third. The Knox Men’s Group meets with the men from Third Presbyterian Church the third Saturday of each month at Third. We cook up a great breakfast, followed by a time of conversation, mentoring...and fun! If you’re interested in joining us, contact Bob Reed at moc.l1537573823iamg@1537573823802541537573823deerr1537573823.