The Knox Children's Choir offers the opportunity for school age children in grades 1 through 6 to sing in the choir. Our main focus is singing to prepare music for Sunday worship. We sing periodically in either the Fresh Spirit or the Traditional service. We also present a Christmas pageant, join the older youth for the Spring Musical, and participate in special services such as Youth Sunday. In addition to vocal development, singers explore rhythms and movement, using hand percussion often incorporating the Orff-Schulwerk method of instruction. The Knox Children's Choir rehearses on Sunday mornings conveniently between the two worship services from 10:00am to 10:55am in Room 301, on the second floor above the reception desk at the Michigan Avenue entry. There's a place in the choir for your child to raise their voice in song!
Tara Drummond () is the director.
Here is the choir's rehearsal schedule for the coming months:
- Sunday, September 15: Children's Choir first rehearsal from 10:00am-11:00am in Room 301
- Sunday, October 13: Children sing for the 11:00am worship in the Sanctuary
- Wednesday, December 18: 5:00pm-6:30pm rehearsal for Christmas Eve service in the Sanctuary
- Sunday, December 22, 4:00pm-5:30pm: dress rehearsal for Christmas Eve service in the Sanctuary
- Tuesday, December 24, 5:00pm-6:00pm: Christmas Eve Family Service in the Sanctuary
- Sunday, April 5 (Palm Sunday): Children sing both worship services (Sanctuary and Commons)
- TBD: rehearsal and performance dates for youth musical in May
Tara Drummond, Children's Choir Director